How can you possibly go wrong with this vegetarian recipe. It has beans and eggs, with some mushrooms thrown in and is the easiest thing to make. I usually have it on my vegetarian nights and I have refined the original recipe that I got from Good Foods.
Beans and Eggs Bake
- 1 large frying pan
- 1 tin cannellini or red beans (400 gms approx. )
- 250 gms mushrooms (any kind that you prefer)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 gms creme fraiche (full fat or reduced fat )
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon (you can also use 1/2 bunch of fresh tarragon, finely chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 green chilli (chopped (optional))
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large frying pan, fry the chopped onion in the olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms and green chilli to the onions and fry for 5 to 10 minutes till mushrooms are golden.
- Add the garlic and fry for about 30 seconds
- Add the beans (with some of the brine from the tin), tarragon, creme fraiche, salt and pepper and stir for a minute or so.
- Make two dips in the mixture with the back of a ladle and break in one egg in each of the dips. Cover the pan and cook for 5 to 8 minutes till the eggs look poached but the yokes are still runny.
- Serve with a slice of break of your choice.