This is a brilliant, quick and easy chicken recipe. You can have this with rice or with cousous.
- 600 g chicken mini fillets (breast or thighs)
- 1/2 pomegranate ((or about 100 g seeds))
- 200 ml pomegranate juice (unsweetened)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp harissa powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Add oil to a large frying pan.
- Add onion to the oil and fry till it softens. Put to one side.
- Cut chicken into mini fillets.
- Add chicken to the same pan and brown on all sides.
- Pour in the pomegranate juice, add the harissa powder, add the fried onions, stock cube and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes till the sauce has thickened. Sprinkle some of the pomegranate seeds heat through.
- Sprinkle remaining pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with pilaf rice.