This is the most simple recipe of home-made Gajar Ka Halwa. Very quick to make and delicious to have warm. And it is not even very heavy!
Gajar Ka Halwa
- 500 gms carrots (grated)
- 6 tbsp sugar (brown sugar gives the caramalised taste)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp ghee ((clarified butter))
- 3 cloves
- 3 green cardamom cloves
- Put a non-stick pan on low heat and add ghee.
- Add cloves and cardamoms to the melted ghee and fry until the cardamoms start getting dark.
- Add the grated carrots and fry till the water from carrots evaporates.
- Add sugar and milk.
- Keep frying on high heat till the milk evaporates and the carrots are really soft.
- Once all liquid disappears lower the heat and continue to fry until the ghee rises to the top.