I love this vegetarian all in one dish. These are mooli parathas (flatbread stuffed with white raddish) and I love having them with mint chutney, pickles or just plain yogurt.
I have used regular wheat flour for this but you can also use gluten free flour.
- 1 large frying pan or skillet
- 2 large moolies ((raddishes))
- 1 tbsp whole coriander
- 1 tbsp whole cumin
- 1 tbsp red chilli
- fresh coriander
- salt to taste
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- vegetable oil
- water (to make dough)
- Put the flour in a bowl with a pinch of salt and slowly add water, continuously mixing it to make dough.
- Keep kneading the flour for about 5 minutes. The consistency should be such that you can make it into dough balls. Keep it aside.
- Grate the raddishes and then squeeze the excess water out using your hands. This is very important as the water will make the parathas disintegrate if it is not taken out.
- Add cumin, coriander, chilli, salt and fresh coriander to the squeezed out raddishes and mix well.
- Divide the dough into four portions and using a rolling pin, roll out the dough balls into circles.
- Place one piece of rolled out dough on the counter. Place a large scoop of raddish mixture on top and then place another piece of rolled out dough on top of that. Using your fingers pinch the sides of the two so that they are closed.
- Roll out the parathas slowly till they are about 6 inches in diametre.
- Sprinkle some oil on the frying pan and then place the paratha on the oil. Cook on both sides till light brown.
- Take it off the frying pan and serve with mango pickles, mint chutney or yogurt.