A popular Pakistani meat dish eaten with naan or roti. This is our own recipe and turns out to be a fantastic dish wih amazing flavour. This is an original recipe by Nadeem Ansari. Try it out!
- Chop up tomatoes and put them in a wok with vegetable oil
- Add whole cumin seeds
- Crush corriander seeds and add them to the tomatoes
4. In a bowl mix garlic and ginger paste with salt, red chilli (we also add degi mirch, a mild chilli used to add colour and taste rather than heat), cumin powder and corriander powder
5. Add chopped up fresh corriander stalks to the tomatoes and spices
6. Cook the tomatoes with all the ingredients till they break down and form into a paste
7. Add meat to the tomatoe mixture and cook. Then add water and leave to simmer
8. Once the water has reduced and meat has tenderized, stir the curry for another 5 minutes till the oil has risen to the surface
9. Garnish with fresh corriander leaves.
Serve with naad or roti. Enjoy!